9.22.2014

Conclusion of THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES -"I Yearned for a Father"

Time and again, my attitude got me into fights and in trouble with the law.  Once, under the influence of alcohol, I attacked a group of drug dealers  who were bothering my friends and me.  The drug dealers beat me so badly that I ended up with a fractured jaw. 

My greatest pain, however, came from those closes to me. One day, I found out that my girlfriend had been cheating on me for years with my best friend, and all my friend  had  been hiding it from me. I was crushed.

I moved back to Punta Arenas, where I began teaching music and working as a cellist. I also continued playing and recording with heavy-metal and death-metal bands. I met an attractive girl names Susan, and we began living together.  Some time later, Susan found out that her mother  believed in the Trinity doctrine and that I didn't.  "So, what is the truth?"  She asked me.  I responded that I knew that the Trinity doctrine is false but  that I couldn't prove it from the Bible. However, I knew you could. I told her that Jehovah's Witnesses could show her the truth from the Bible.  Then I did something I hadn't done for many years-I prayed to God and asked for his help. 

A few days later, I saw a man who looked familiar, and I asked him if he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Although visibly shaken by my appearance, he kindly answered my questions regarding meetings at the Kingdom  Hall.  I was convinced  that this encounter was the answer to my prayer. I went to the Kingdom Hall and sat in the last row so that no one would notice me. However, many began to recognize me from the days when I had attended as a child.  They welcomed me and embraced me so affectionately that i felt an overwhelming peace.  It was as if I had come home.  When I saw the man who had taught me the Bible when I was little, I asked him to study with me again.  

Next time: THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES-HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

From the Watchtower magazine, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.