9.30.2014

HOW TO DEAL WITH BURNOUT-RENEW YOURSELF


Even when your work is free of major problems, you may still have your share of stresses, difficult people, and unpleasant situations.  So make time for sufficient rest and balanced recreation.  Remember that recreation does not have to be expensive to be refreshing to you and your family.

Cultivate interests and friendships apart from your work, and avoid defining yourself by the type and amount of work that you do. Why?  The book Your Money or Your Life observes:  "Who you are is far greater than what you do for money."  If your identity and self-worth come primarily  from your work, then you will find it difficult to minimize the role that work plays in your life. 

Can you really make the changes needed to deal successfully with burnout? Yes, you can. Anil, mentioned at the beginning of this article, did so.  He says:  "I contacted my former employer  and asked if he  would take me back, and he did.  I was embarrassed  to face my former coworkers after I had talked about moving on to greener pastures.'  And I took a significant cut in pay.  But I gained peace of mind, and I had more time for my family and other things  that I truly value." 

Next time: PRAYERS-Does anyone hear our prayers? 

From the Awake! magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.