9.04.2014

Continue with: I Was Figthing My Own War Against War and Violence -HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE


My goal was to become a kung fu professional in  China.  One evening, as I was training hard in preparation for the trip to China, I heard  a knock on the door. A friend had come by with two of Jehovah's Witnesses. Dressed in a black training  suit, with sweat rolling down my body, I told them, "I know nothing  about the Bible."  Little did I know that from that moment on, my life was going to change.

The Witnesses showed me from the Bible  why humans on their own can never succeed in completely  eliminating injustice and violence.  They explained   that Satan  the Devil is the real cause of such problems.  (Revelation 12:12) I was impressed  by the peace and confidence that  the Witnesses  radiated. And I was touched when they taught me that God has a name.  (Psalm 83:18) They also showed me 1 Timothy  4:8, which reads:  "Physical training is beneficial for a little, but godly devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life now and the life that is to come."  Those words came to have great impart on my life. 

Sadly, I lost contact with the Witnesses, since my family told them not to come back. Even so, I made up my mind to stop practicing  kung fu and to start studying the Bible.  My brothers did not like the idea but I was determined to find Jehovah's Witnesses again and study the Bible with them. 

Next time: Conclusion of  HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE

From the Watchtower magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.