9.04.2014

Conclusion of: HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE


I continued looking for the Witnesses but could not find them. In the meantime, I was deeply saddened by the sudden death of my father, as well as other family tragedies. I had started working at a construction company, and one day a coworker  by the name of Adel stopped me and asked why I looked so sad. He began to talk about the Bible's hope of a resurrection.  For the next nine months, this  loving, kind Witness patiently studied the Bible with me.

As  the study progressed, I began to see the need for making big changes in my personality. It was not easy. I was always irritable and easily provoked.  From the Bible I learned how to control my temper and not act on every impulse.  For example, Matthew 5:44 contains Jesus' counsel:  "Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you." And Romans 12:19 warns:  "Do not avenge yourselves, . . .for it is written: ' "Vengeance is mine; I will repay,"  says Jehovah."  Those scriptures and other helped me slowly to gain peace within myself. 

HOW I HAVE BENEFITED: Although my family initially opposed my decision to study with Jehovah's Witnesses, they have come to respect the Witnesses. In fact, one of my brothers has joined me in worship of Jehovah, and until her death, Mother defended our faith to others.

I have always been blessed with a wonderful, loyal wife, Anita, who is my dear partner  in the full-time ministry.  Since the year 2000, Anita and I have lived in Eskilstuna, Sweden, where we help  teach the Bible to people who speak Arabic.  

My heart still goes out to people who suffer because of violence.  But knowing the real reason for it-and knowing that God soon will put and end to it-gives me real joy and peace. -Psalm 37:29.

Next time: "Please Listen to This Dream" 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.