9.22.2014

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES -HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE


How THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE:  One day I read Proverbs 27:11, which says:  "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice."  I was impressed to think that  a mere mortal could make the Creator of the universe rejoice. It dawned on me that Jehovah was the Father figure that I had sought all my life!  

I wanted to please my heavenly Father and do his will, but i had been a slave to drugs and alcohol for many years.  I came to understand Jesus' teaching recorded at Matthew 6:24, which says that "no one can slave for two masters." As I struggled to  make changes, the principle recorded at 1 Corinthians  15:33 hit home:  "Bad associates spoil useful habits." I realized that  I could not quiet my harmful habits if I continue to frequent the same places and associate  with the same people.  The Bible's counsel  was clear:  I had to take the drastic measures to break away from the things that were making me stumble. -Matthew 5:30. 

My passion for music made quitting the heavy-metal scene the most difficult decision I've ever had to make. But with the help of my friends in the congregation, I was finally able to break free. I quit over drinking and taking drugs. I also cut my hair, shaved off my beard, and stopped dressing only in black.  When I told Susan that I wanted to cut my hair, her curiosity got the best of her.  She said, "I'm going with  you to see what this Kingdom Hall is all about!"  She loved what she saw there, and soon she began studying the Bible herself. Eventually, Susan and I got married. In 2008, we were baptized  as Jehovah's Witnesses. We are happy to be united with my mother in serving Jehovah. 

Conclusion of HOW I HAVE BENEFITED

From the Watchtower magazine,  2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.