9.23.2014

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES-HOW I HAVE BENEFITED


HOW I HAVE BENEFITED:  I have escaped from a world of sham happiness and treacherous associates. I still love music, but I am selective now. I use my experiences to benefit family members and others, especially young people. I want to help them see that much of what this world offers may appear attractive but in the end it is just "a lot of refuse." -Philippians 3:8.

I have found loyal friends in the Christian congregation, where love and peace prevail. Above all, by drawing close to Jehovah, I have finally found my Father. 

LEARN FROM GOD'S WORD -Why Are Christians Baptized?  

1. What does Christian baptism mean?
    Baptism is a request for a good relationship with God. So, a Christian should be baptized, not when a baby, but when he or she is old enough to learn about God and become a disciple of Jesus. (Acts 8:12; 1 Peter 3:21)  We become a disciple of Jesus when we learn to do the right things that he commanded. -Read Matthew 28:19, 20. 

In the days of Jesus' apostles, many people took action without delay to learn about God and Jesus.  For example, when one man learned that Jesus' death had opened the way to salvation, he immediately  became a disciple. Today, many sincere people have chose to become Jesus; followers. -Read Acts 8:26-31, 35-38. 

Next time: LEARN FROM GOD'S WORD -Why Was Jesus Baptized?

From the Watchtower magazine, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.