12.01.2014

'Fires of Curiosity in Heart and Mind



"Words cannot express the joy and excitement that continue to grow as I devour Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?  It just creates within one a desire -no,  a need-to know more. Thank you for lighting fires of curiosity in my heart and mind."



THAT is how one of Jehovah's Witnesses from North Carolina, U.S.A., felt about the book released by the Watchtower Society at the "God's Way of Life" District Conventions during 1998/99. Even if you do  not have a copy of the book, note other responses. 

Days after receiving his copy at a San Diego, California, U.S.A., convention, a may wrote:  "I'm finding this book to be very faith strengthening, it fills my heart with deep appreciation for Jehovah's creative works. I'm up to page 98, and I'm dreading the day I'll reach the end!  It is that much of a satisfying joy."

And Oriental woman wrote: "The convention speaker use the expression 'a unique book,' and that expression really matches the content. An outstanding feature is that the book does not push the existence of God on the reader, yet it presents the facts." 

The facts include fascinating scientific discoveries about our universe, life, and us.  This impressed many.  "I really do not  have words to express how deeply this little book has affected me," wrote a woman from California.  "I could not put the book down as each page described more unfolding discoveries about our universe and life itself. I really learned so much!  I will treasure this little book and share it with as many as possible.

A feature that delighted many is how the book gives a synopsis of the Bible, highlighting the Creator's personality.  "The overall view  of the Bible, presented toward the back of this book, is one of the best that I have read," is a typical comment. On the heels of an early convention in New York, U.S.A., another wrote:  "The new release has got to be the most absorbing publication you've printed. I was enthralled  with the scientific proofs that there is a Creator. The concise synopsis of the Bible itself it just enough to explain the points having made and to whet the appetite to read more."

Next time: Understandable Science

From the Watchtower magazine, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.