12.14.2014

"If You Really Exist, Please Help Me!"


Daniel was raise as a Catholic and at the age of 18 was called up for military service. He was sent to fight in the same war as Gabriel but on the opposite side. Close to the battlefront, Daniel was riding in a tank when it took a direct hit. His friends were killed, and he was seriously injured and taken prisoner. He spent months in the hospital and in a camp before being deported to a neutral country. Alone and destitute, he considered suicide. Daniel prayed to God:  "If you really exist, please help me!" The very next day, Jehovah's Witnesses called on him and were able to answer many of his questions. Finally, he traveled to Europe as a refugee. Once again, Daniel associated with the Witnesses and studied the Bible.  What he learned eased his anxiety and bitterness.

Gabriel and Daniel are now good friends, united in a spiritual brotherhood as baptized Witnesses of Jehovah.  "My love for Jehovah and knowledge of the Bible have helped me to see things as he does. Daniel is no longer my enemy. Years ago I would gladly have killed him.  The Bible has taught me the exact opposite-to be willing to die for him," says Gabriel.

"I saw two people of different religions and nationalities murdering one another," says Daniel.  "And there were people of the same religion on opposite sides of the war killing one another.  When I saw this, I felt that God was to blame. Now I know that Satan is behind all the wars. Gabriel and I are now fellow believers.  We will never fight again!" 

Next time: "The Word of God Is Alive and Exerts Power"

From the Watchtower magazine, 2001 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.