2.29.2016

HOPE For Arthritis Sufferers


Family Support-"A Tower of Strength"

Carla, from Brazil, says:  "My husband's support has been crucial. The fact that he went with me on my visits to the doctor gave me courage. We discovered together how the disease affects my body, what its symptoms are, and what treatment would be necessary.  I felt better because he could understand what  I was going through."  Yes, husbands or wives who accept the limitations of their mates and who are willing to become educated regarding their condition can be an enormous source of strength and support.

Bette, for example, took on cleaning jobs when her husband's arthritis curtailed his construction work. Kazumi's husband not only nursed her but also did the housework that she could not do. Further, he trained their children to do what they could to help out. Says Kazumi:  "My husband has been a tower of strength.  Without his help  I would be in far worse state."

A woman named Carol, from Australia, offers this caution:  "Be careful not to crowd a schedule with too much activity. Feelings of inadequacy easily creep in on me if I cannot keep up with the family."  Rendered with true understanding and consideration, family support can be a  tower of strength for sufferers.  

Next time: HOPE For Arthritis Sufferers/Spiritual Aid

From the Awake!  magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.