2.07.2016

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK . . .How Do I Deal With Angry People?


"Take Your Leave"

You can avoid adding fuel to a raging fire by simply walking away. "Where there is no wood the fire goes out,"  the Bible says.  It also advises:  "Before the quarrel has burst forth, take your leave." (Proverbs 17:14; 26:20)  "A popular    boy in school came up to me and wanted to talk," said the 17-year-old Merissa.  "He told me that I was pretty. Before I knew it, his girlfriend came up to me raging mad. She accused me of flirting withe her boyfriend and wanted to fight me!  I tried to explain what happened, but she wouldn't listen.  After school she returned  with some other girls to beat me up!  I quickly got the security guard, and I explained to the angry girl that I do not fight and that it was her boyfriend  who had come up to me.   After that I walked away."  Merissa did not give in to her emotions.  She not walked away from a fight but also took steps  to protect herself. As Proverbs 17:27 says,  "anyone holding back his sayings is possessed of knowledge, and a man of discernment is cool of spirit." 

What, though, if you are really to blame for having provoked someone to anger-perhaps unintentionally?  Apologize, and do it quickly!  This may be all that it takes to turn away the rage of the other person.  These are pressure-filled times, and many people are quick-tempered.  But if you apply Bible principles in your dealings, you can likely avoid becoming a victim of someone's rage. 

Next time: YOUR BODY'S MICROSCOPIC "TRUCKS" 

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.