8.31.2014

The Happiest Time of My Life


After our children took up the full-time ministry, Ekaterini and I started thinking seriously about what we could do to expand our share in this lifesaving work.  Thus, in 1994, after I retired early, we both started serving as regular pioneers. Our ministry includes visiting local colleges and universities, where we witness to the students and conduct Bible studies with some of them.  Because i can sympathize  with their difficulties-since i was in their shoes  not so many years ago-I have had much success in helping them to learn about Jehovah.  What a joy to have studied with students from Bolivia, Chili, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Mexico, Thailand, and Turkey!  I also enjoyed telephone witnessing, especially to people who speak my native tongue. 

Even though I have many invitations because of my heavy Greek accent and advancing age, I have always tried to make myself available and have the spirit of Isaiah, who proclaimed:  "Here I am!  Send me." (Isaiah 6:8) We have had the joy of helping more than half a dozen people to dedicate their lives to Jehovah.  This has definitely been the happiest time for us. 

Once, my whole life revolved around building monstrous weapons for killing fellow humans.  Jehovah, through his undeserved kindness, however, opened the way for me and my family to become his dedicated servants and to devoted our lives to bringing to people the good news of everlasting life on a paradise earth. As I reflect on the challenging decision I had to make, the words of Malachi 3:10 come to mind:  " 'Test me out, please, in this respect,' Jehovah of armies has said, 'whether I shall not open to you people the floodgates of the heavens and actually empty out upon you a blessing until there is no more want.' " He has indeed done so-to our heart's content!

Next time: Why Be Reasonable in Our Expectations? 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.