8.23.2015

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK? How Can I Make Worship of God Enjoyable?


Challenge #2: Engaging in the Ministry

Why it's not easy. talking to others about the Bible-or encountering a schoolmate while doing so-can be scary. 

Why your should do it. Jesus instructed his followers:  "Make disciples . . .,teaching them to observe  all the things I have commanded you."  (Matthew 28:19, 20 ) But there are further reasons to do it. Studies suggest that in some places the vast majority of teens believe in God and in the Bible. Yet, those same youths have no genuine hope for the future.  Through your study of the Bible, you have very the very information that many of your peers are searching for and need! 

What some of the peers say. "My friend and I prepared effective introductions, and we learned how to overcome objections and how to make return visits. Once I started putting more into my ministry, it became more enjoyable." -Nelisa.

"One Christian sister has helped me out so much!  She's six years older than I am, and she takes me out in the ministry with her and sometimes out to breakfast. She showed me encouraging scriptures that helped me to rearrange my thinking. I find that now I reach out to people more because of her wonderful example. I could never repay her!" -Shontay. 

What you can do. With your parents' permission, find someone in your congregation  who is older than you and with which you can share in the ministry. (Acts 16:1-3) The Bible states: "By iron, iron itself is sharpened. So one man sharpens the face of another." (Proverbs 27:17) There are many benefits to associating with older ones who have a wealth of experience.  "It's actually a relief to be around older ones," says 19-year-old Alexis. 

Next time: YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/How Can I Make Worship of God  Enjoyable? -Challenge #3: Attending Christian Meetings

From the AWAKE! magazine, 008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.