8.22.2015

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/How Can I Make Worship of God Enjoyable?


Challenge #1: Studying the Bible. 

Why it's not easy. Maybe you feel that you're just not the "studying type."  Your attention span seems short-it's hard to sit still and concentrate! Besides, don't you have enough studying to do for school? 

Why you should do it.  Not only is the Bible inspired of God but it's also "useful for teaching and helping people and for correcting  them and showing them how to live." (2 Timothy 3:16, Contemporary English Version) Studying the Bible and meditating on what you read can open up a whole new world for you. Let's fact it, nothing worthwhile comes easy to you without some hard work. If you want to play a sport well, you've got to lean the rules and practice the game. If you want to get fit, you need to exercise. If you want to learn about your Creator, you need to study God's Word. 

What some of your peers says.  "I come to a crossroads in my life when I got high school. The kids were doing all sorts of wrong things, and I had to make some decisions:  'Is that what I want to do? Are my parents  really teaching me the truth?   I had to find out for myself." -Tshedza.

"I always believed that what I had learned was the truth, but I needed to prove it to myself. I had to make it my own religion-as opposed to it being just a family religion." -Nelisa. 

What you can do. Make up your own customized study plan. You get to choose which subjects you'll explore. Where could you start?  Why not dig into your Bible and scrutinize your beliefs, perhaps using a book such as What Does the Bible Really Teach?" 

Action plan.  To get you started, check two or three of the  Bible topics  below that you want to learn more about-or, if you like, write in some of your own.

[] Is there a God?

[] How can I be sure that the Bible writers were inspired by God?

[] Why should I believe in creation rather than evolution? 

[] What is God's Kingdom, and how can I prove its existence?

[] How can I explain my belief about what happens at death? 

[] Why should I be convinced  that there will be a resurrection? 

[] How can I be sure which is the true religion?

[] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

[] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Next time:YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/ HOW CAN I Make Worship of God Enjoyable? -  Challenge #2: Engaging in the Ministry

From the AWAKE! magazine, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.