11.21.2019

The Need for Moral Values - TRAIN NOW


Children who see their parents display honesty are more likely to resist temptaions to be dishonest when on their own.

Teach by Example

* Do my children see in my actions and words that I live by the values that our family has adopted?

* Do my spouse and I promote the same values?

* Do I justify ignoring my moral code by saying or thinking. "This is okay for adults?" 

What We Did

"We used the experience of others to show the benefits of good morals and compared the results they had with those of people who made unwise decisions.  When our children told us about a peer who made a poor choice, we discussed it with them so that they would not go down the same path." - Nichole.

"When our daughter was very young, we would tell her that she had two choices-one good and the other bad-and we outlined the consequences of each. From this, she learned to make decisions. It was a vital lesson, since life is all about choices, not matter how old we are." - Yolanda.

Next time: More Help for the Parents

From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.