11.30.2019

Raising Responsible Children -"Set the Pattern" for Your Child


Close to the end of his life, Jesus said to his disciples:  "I set the pattern for you, that just as I did to you, you should do also." (John 13:15)  Likewise, parents need to explain and show by example exactly what it means to be responsible.

Ask yourself: "Do I frequently speak about taking care of  my own responsibilities in a positive way? Do I talk about the satisfaction that I receive from working hard for others?  Or do I often complain and compare myself to those who seem to have an easier life?" 

Granted, nobody is perfect. All of us feel overburdened at times. But your example is probably  the most powerful  way to help your children to see the importance and value of responsible behavior.

TRY THIS:  If possible, occasionally take your child with you to work and show him or her what you do to support the family financially.  Engage n volunteer work where  your child can accompany you. Afterward, discuss the pleasure you received from caring for that responsibility. - ACTS 20:35.

Next time: Raising Responsible Children - Have Reasonable Expectations

From the jw.org publications












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.