11.18.2019

The Value of Adult Guidance - Teach by Example


* Am I a good role model for my children?

* Do I show my children that I too look up to my those with greater experience as mentors?

* Do I demonstrate that my children are important to me by spending time with them? 

What We Did

"Sometimes when I am in the middle of something, my daughter will say she wants to talk. I always make sure that she is a priority, even if I have to tell her to wait a few minutes so that she can have my undivided attention. My wife and I also strive to set a good example so she will see that we l9ive by the same principles we are teaching her." - David.
"When our daughter as born, my husband and I decided that I would not work but would stay home to raise her. I do not regret that decision.  It is very important to do as much as  possible to be present in a child's life so that he or she w0ould have proper guidance and direction.  More important, being there shows your child  that you care." - Lisa.

SPENDING TIME WITH ADULTS

"My children have grown up around a diverse group of adults, and this has helped them to see life through other people's experiences.  For example, they were amazed when my grandmother told them that when she was a little girl, her family  was the first one to get an electric light. She told them that people from surrounding areas came to their house just to  stand in the kitchen and watch the light being turned on and off. That story made my children see how different life uses to be. Learning about their great-grandmother in this way also helped them to have respect for her and other older ones. When children spend more time wish adults-and less time with their peers-they are able to see life from a different perspective." - Miranda.

Next time: The Need for Moral Values

From the jw.org publications







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.