2.17.2020

How to Deal With Burnout - 4. RENEW YOURSELF.


Even when your work is free of major problems, you may still have to have your share of stresses, difficult people, and unpleasant situations. So make time for sufficient rest and balanced recreation.  Remember that recreation does not have to be expensive to be refreshing to you and your family.

Cultivate interests and friendships apart from your work, and avoid defining yourself by the type and amount of work you do. Why?  The book Your Money or Your Life observes: "Who you are is far greater than what you do for money."  If your identity and self-worth come primarily from your work, then you will find it difficult to minimize the role that work plays in your life. 

Can you really make the changes needed to deal successfully with burnout?  Yes, you can. Anil, mentioned at the beginning of this article did so.  He says:  "I contacted my former employer and asked if you would take me back, and he did.  I was embarrassed to face my former coworkers after I had talked about on to 'greener pastures.' And I took a significant cut in pay. But I gained peace of mind, and I had more time for my family and other things I truly value."

Next time: How to Deal With Burnout - A JOURNEY BACK FROM BURNOUT

From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.