2.21.2020

When Tragedy Strikes - How You Can Cope - COPING WITH TRAGEDY


Note:  A short while back somehow I lost my spell check. I don't know how to get it back.  So if you see any misspelled words, please forgive me and don't be offended. 


Grieve over your loss.  The Bible says that there is "a"time to weep." (Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4) Ronaldo says:  "Every time I felt like crying, I allowed myself to do so.  Fighting back tears was futile anyway, and I felt relieved afterward."  Of course, not everyone grieves in the same way. So if you do not outwardly display sorrow, this does not mean that you are suppressing your emotions or that you should force tears.

Avoid isolating yourself.  (Proverbs 18:1)  "I try not give in to the urge to remain socially isolated." says Ronaldo.  "People visited me, and I welcomed them. I also poured out my feelings to my wife and close friends.

Remain calm if someone says painful words.  These might include such expressions such as "It was for the best."  Ronaldo recalls,  "Some comments that were meant to comfort me had the opposite effect."  Rather than dwelling  on sayings that hurt, follow the Bible's advice:  "Do not take to heart every word that people say." - ECCLESIASTES 7:21 .

Learn the truth about the  condition of the dead.  Ronaldo says:  "At Ecclesiastes 9:5,  the Bible says that the dead are not suffering, and that fact gives me inner peace.  The Bible also teaches that there is going to be a resurrection and that those who are dead will be brought back to life.  So I think of the loved ones I have lost in death as if they were away on a trip." - ACTS 24:15. 

Did you know?  The Bible promises a time when God "will swallow death forever." - ISAIAH 25:8. 

Next time: "Teach Me to Do Your Will"

From the jw.org publications




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.