2.18.2020

How to Deal With Burnout - A JOURNEY BACK FROM BURNOUT


Wayne and Marie are a married couple in their early 30's who live in the United States.  

What led to your dealing with burnout?

Wayne: We were running multiple businesses and had gone into debt over our heads. I wanted to wanted to build our businesses to point where life was more comfortable and I could make money while working less.  My goal was to reduce  stress, but I got just the opposite. 

How were you affected?

Wane:  We realized that the things were working hard too get-nicer clothes a bigger house, and more expensive vacations - were not making us happy.  I felt emotionally drained and I lost all motivation.

Marie: My health suffered. Our relationship suffered.  We didn't get along well.

Wayne: We examined our goals and our life situation.  We decreased the overhead of our business.  I had a trendy office, and I let it go. I changed the kind of car that I was willing to drive. I built a one-man business and intentionally kept it small. We worked our bills down and kept our expenses low. 

Marie: Simplifying was not as hard as I though it would be. We reduced our frequency of eating out and ate at home. We went for walks, and got healthier.  Eventually, we began working part-time and doing volunteer work. 

 What has been the result?

Marie: Our life has stopped being  about making money.  We adjusted our focus to more important things, and our relationship improved.

Wayne: Life has smoothed out. We are much happier.

Next time: When Tragedy Strikes-How You Can Cope?

From the jw.org publications





















Wayne: 
't

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.