2.20.2020

When Tragedy Strikes - How You Can Cope - Coping With Tragedy


Maintain a positive viewpoint.  At Proverbs 17:22,  the Bible says: "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit saps one's strength."  Mabel recalls: "During my recovery, I faced  the same challenges that my own patients had faced.  The exercises were very painful, and at times, I thought of giving up.  I had to force myself to dismiss such negative thinking, knowing that the effort would eventually bring good results."

Build hope in order to endure.  "From the Bible, I knew why tragedies occur," says Mabel.  "But I also knew with each passing day, we are closer to the time when pain will be gone forever."

Recognize God's concern for you as an individual.  (1 Peter 5:7)  Mabel recalls how this helped her: "When they took me to surgery, I experienced the truth of Isaiah 41:10,  Where God says:'Do not be Afraid, for I am with you."  I felt an immense peace knowing that Jehovah God cared about what happened to me."

Do you know? The Bible teaches that  a time will come when mankind will no longer be plagued with health problems. - ISAIAH 33:24; 35:5, 6.

Next time: When Tragedy Strikes -How You Can Cope - Loss of a Loved One

From the jw.org publications

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.