2.19.2020

When Tragedy Strikes - How You Can Cope


Loss of Possessions

 On Friday, March 11, 2011, a magnitude  9.0 earthquake struck Japan, claiming more than 15,000 lives and causing over $200 billion (US) in damage.  On being warned of the impending tsunami, 32-year-old Kei found safety on higher ground.  "The next morning, I went back home to collect what I could," he says, "but everything has been washed out to sea, including my apartment.  All that was left was the foundation.

"It took some time for me to grasp that I had lost not just individual items but entire environment.  It was all gone--my car; the computers I used for my work; the tables, chairs, and sofa I had used to entertain guests; my keyboard, guitar, ukulele, and flute; my equipment for  working in watercolors, oils, and pastels; all my paintings and drawings." 

Next time: When Tragedy Strikes -How You Can Cope -COPING WITH TRAGEDY 

From the jw.org publications






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.