2.20.2020

When Tragedy Strikes -How You Can Cope - Loss of Health


Mabel in Argentina led an active life and worked as a physical-rehabilitation therapist .  In 2007, she began to feel especially tired and have severe headaches daily.  "I went to several doctors and tried all kinds of medications," she says,  "but nothing helped."  Finally, Mabel had an MRI scan which showed that she had a brain tumor.  She says:  "I as stunned!  I couldn't believe  that I had been living with this enemy  inside me.

 "Still, I didn't really understand how serious my situation was until after I had surgery.  When I wok up in intensive care, I couldn't  move. All I could do is stare at the ceiling.  Before the surgery I had been active and independent. Suddenly I could do nothing.  My days in intensive care were filled with confusion and noise from medical equipment, emergency alarms , and moans from other patients.  I felt as though I could breathe the pain and suffering in the air. 

"Today, I have recuperated in a certain degree. I can walk without help and even go out by myself at times. But I have double vision and still lace muscle coordination." 

Next time: When Tragedy Strikes - How You Can Cope - COPING WITH TRAGEDY

From the jw.org publications













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.