3.09.2016

A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM


WHY PEOPLE GIVE UP ON LIFE

"Each way to suicide is its own: intensely private, unknowable, and terrible." -Kay Redfield Jamison,  psychiatrist.


"IT IS suffering to live."  That is what Ryunosuke Akutagawa, a popular  writer in early 20th century Japan, wrote shortly before committing suicide. However, he prefaced that statement with the words:  "Of course, I don't want to die, but . . ."

Like Akutagaway, many of those who take their life do not want to die as much as they want "to end whatever is going on," stated one psychology professor.  The wording so commonly  found in suicide notes suggests as much.  Such phrases as 'I could not take it any longer' or why go on living?'  Show a deep desire  to escape  life's harsh realities.   But as one expert described it, committing suicide is "like treating a cold with a nuclear bomb."

Although the reasons why people commit suicide vary, certain events in life commonly trigger suicide.  

Note: Part of the reason for living and dealing with whatever events happen to you, is as the Bible says to endure. The better we endure whatever is handed us, no matter how hard it may be, the better the rewards later when this wicked  system of things will end.  I will not say what, because it is very painful and hard to deal with, but I have been through so much garbage, but have stood the test of time so far. And, I am realist. To me, the most courage of all is not taking one's life, just because things happen and doesn't go my way or work out the way I think they should. Things and events happen for a reason, and we have to deal with them the best way we can. We are not given any more problems or stress than God knows we can deal with. He knows us better than we do.  He has helped me to deal with this world better than I would have, had I not brought God into my life.   To take a life,  to me, would be easier and the coward's way out, not to mention, as I have said before;  Jehovah does not take into his Kingdom those who take their lives. He gave us our life, we have no right to take it away. That is his right only.

Next time: A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM-WHY PEOPLE GIVE UP ON LIFE/Triggering Events

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.