3.19.2016

LIFE STORY/I Found Peace With God and With My Mother -AS TOLD BY MICHIYO KUMAGAI


BLESSINGS UPON BLESSINGS

After seven years, I received a letter from Atsushi, one of the special pioneer brothers mentioned earlier. He said that he was thinking of marriage and wondered about my situation  and feelings. I had never had romantic feelings for Atsushi, nor did I think that he has any toward me. A month later, I replied that I was willing for us to get better acquainted.  We discovered that we had much in common. Both of us wanting to pursue the full-time ministry and being willing to serve in any capacity.  In time, we got married. How happy, I was to have Mom, Dad, and several relatives attend our wedding! 

Before long, while we were serving as regular pioneers, Atsushi was appointed a substitute circuit overseer.  Soon other blessings came. We were appointed as special pioneers and then to the regular circuit work.  After we had served all the congregations in the circuit one time we received a telephone call from the branch office.  The question? Would we accept an assignment to circuit work in Nepal?' 

As we served happily among the friendly Nepalese, another blessing came our way. Our circuit was to include Bangladesh, a place so close yet so different in many respects. Field service was quite diversified. After five years, we were assigned back to Japan, where we now enjoy  the circuit work. 

Japan, Nepal, Bangladesh-serving in these countries has taught me so much about Jehovah!  Each country has its unique background and culture. And within each country, every person is unique. I have seen how Jehovah cares for people individually, accepts them, helps and blesses them. 

On a personal level, Jehovah has blessed me with knowledge of him, work to do, and a fine Christian husband.  God has guided me to make right decisions, and now I have a good relationship with him and with my family. Thanks to Jehovah, Mom and I are once again good friends. I am deeply grateful that I found peace with God and with my mother. 

Next time: SINGLE-PARENT FAMILIES CAN SUCCEED - Single-Parent Families on the Rise

From The Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.