3.19.2016

LIFE STORY/I Found Peace With God and With My Mother-AS TOLD BY MICHIYO KUMAGAI


SERVING AS A PIONEER

Knowing that I wanted to pioneer, some sisters advised me to wait until my parents calmed down.  I prayed for wisdom, did research, examined my motives, and talked  to mature brothers and sisters. I concluded that I wanted  to please Jehovah.  In addition, delaying pioneering was no guarantee that my parents' attitude would change. 

I began to pioneer service during my  last year of high school. After pioneering for a while, I had the goal of serving where the need was greater.  But Mom and Dad did not want me to leave home. So I waited until I was 20 years old. Then, to ease Mom's mind, I asked the branch office for an assignment in southern Japan, where we had relatives. 

In that assignment, I was blessed to see several people with whom I studied  get baptized. Meanwhile, I studied English  with a view to expand my service. Two special pioneer brothers were in the same organization. I could see their zeal and how they helped others. Thus, special pioneering became my goal. During this time, Mom twice experienced serious health problems. On each occasion, I returned home to care for her. This surprised her, and her attitude softened slightly.  

Next time: LIFE STORY/I Found Peace With God and With My Mother - AS TOLD BY MICHIYO KUMAGAI -BLESSINGS UPON BLESSINGS 

From The Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.