3.26.2016

THRILL SEEKERS Why the Fatal Attraction?


The Christian View

Christians view life as a precious gift from Jehovah God. When one deliberately puts his life in danger by taking needless chances just to demonstrate his daring courage (or what I call stupidity) -his machismo-or to excite the crowd or satisfy his own need to experience a rush, he is, in effect,  showing contempt for the marvelous gift of life that God has given us.  Jesus certainly showed deep respect for his life and did not unnecessarily  endanger it.  He refused to put God to the test. -Matthew 4:5-7. 

Christians, likewise, have an obligation to show respect for life.   "I once climbed a steep rock cliff and found myself unable to go backward or forward," wrote one Christian.  "To this day I shudder  at how close I came to dying. What a stupid waste it would have been!"

'Where I live,' wrote a Christian youth, 'the kids participate in many of these thrill sports.  They are always trying to get me to join them.  In the news, though, I often see reports of people dying or getting seriously hurt from the same supposedly fun sports that kids tell me about.  I realize that it would unwise for me to endanger the life that Jehovah God gave me, for such a short-lived thrill.'  May you be of the same mind and judgment.  

Next time: When a Love One Dies

From The Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.