3.11.2016

WHY PEOPLE GIVE UP ON LIFE - YOU CAN FIND HELP


Finding Needed Help

Marin, an invalid in Bulgaria, had developed a strong desire to kill himself.  One day he came upon the religious journal The Watchtower, a publication  of Jehovah's Witnesses. He responded to the invitation in the magazine to have a personal visit by Jehovah's Witnesses. Marin explains what resulted:  "I learned from them that life is a gift from our heavenly Father and that we do not have the right to harm ourselves  or end our life willfully.  Thus, I reversed my former desire to commit suicide and came to life again!"  Marin also received loving support from the Christian congregation. Although still an invalid, he says:  "My days are now joyful and tranquil, and they are filled  with pleasant things to do-even more than I have time for! All of this I owe to Jehovah and to his Witnesses." 

The young Swiss man mentioned at the outset also received help from Jehovah's Witnesses.  Today he remarks on "the kindness of a Christian family" He adds:  "Later, the members [of the congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses] took turns inviting me to meals day after day. What helped was not only being treated hospitably but also being able to talk to someone." 

This man was greatly encouraged by what he studied in the Bible, especially when he learned about the love that the true God, Jehovah, feels for humankind.  (John 3:16) Indeed, Jehovah God has hearing ears to listen to you when you "pour your heart out" before him. (Psalm 62:8) "His eyes are roving  about through all the earth," not to find fault with people, but "to show  his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him." (2 Chronicles 16:9) Jehovah assures us:  "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not gaze about, for I am your God.  I will fortify you. I will really help you.  I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness." -Isaiah 41:10. 

Regarding God's promise of a new world, the Swiss man said:  "This has helped considerably to lighten the weight of my frustration."  This hope, which is described as "an anchor for the soul," involves the promise of everlasting life in Paradise  on earth. -Hebrews 6:19; Psalm 37:10, 11, 29.  

Next time: WHY PEOPLE GIVE UP ON LIFE - YOU CAN FIND HELP/How Can You Help Someone  Who Seems Suicidal?

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.