12.20.2020

Life Storuy/ We Learned Never to Say No to Jehovah/AS TOLD BY KATHLEEN LOGAN - MY FIRST MOUNTAIN CLIMB

 

During the weeks we spent with the brothers, would normally wal for an hour or more at a time, climbing mountains and wading across rivers.  I remember my first mountain climb. After a quick breakfast, we caugth a 5:30 a.m. bus to a distant village, crossed a wide riverbed, and labored up a mountainside.  It was so steep that the feet of the brother climbing in front of me were at my eye level. 


That morning, Harvey worked with some local brothers in the ministry, while I witnessed alone in a small hamlet where Japanese people lived.  By about one o'clock.  I was feeling faint because I had not eaten for several hours.  When I finally met up with Harvey, there were no other brothers around.  Harvey had bartered some magazies for three raw chicken eggs.  He showed me how to eat one by making a small hole in each end and sucking.  Although it did not seem very applealing, I tried one.  But who would get the third egg? I to it, since Harvey did not feel able to carry me down mountain if I passed out from hunger. 


Next time: Life Story/ We Learned Never to Say No to Jehovah -AS TOLD BY KATHLEEN LOGAN - A BATH WITH A DIFFERENCE


From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.