12.18.2020

Life Story/ We Learned Never to Say No to Jehovah-AS TOLD BY KATHLEEN LOGAN

 

FOLLOWING a typhoon, the river churned with mud and boulders.  We needed to reach the other side, but the raging waters had washed the bridge away.  My husbandm Harvey and I, along with our Amis-language interpreter, felt scared and helpless.  As the brothers on the other side watched anxiously, we began to cross.  First, we drove our small car onto the back of a slightly larger truck.  Then without ropes or chains to keep the car in place, the truck slowly drove through the torrent.  The passage seemed endles; yet, we made it safely across, all the while beseeching Jehovah in prayer. That was in 1971.  We were on the east coast of Taiwan, thousands of miles away from  our places of origin.  Let me you our story.


LEARNING TO LOVE JEHOVAH


Harvey was the eldest of four brothers.  His family came into the truth in Midland Junction Western Australia, during the desperate economic times of the 1930's.  Harvey grew to love Jehovah and got baptized at age 14.  He soon learned not turn down theocratic  assignments.  As a lad, he once declined to read the Watchtower at the meeting, thinking he was not qualfied.  But the brother talking wiht Harvey reasoned,  "When someone in Jehovah's organization asks you to do something,  he thinks you are qualified." - 2 CORINTHIANS 3:5.


I embraced the truth in England, as did my mother and my older sister.  My father accepted the truth much later, but firstr  he was opposed. Against his wishes, I got baptized  when I was not quite ten years old.  I set the goal to pioneer  and then to become a missionary.  However, my father would not allow me to pioneer until I turned 21.  I did not intend to wait that long.  So when I was just 16, with his blessing I moved to Australia to live with my oldest sister, who had migrated to that country.  Finally, when I turned 18, I started pioneering.  


In Australia, I met Harvey.  We shared the desire to serve Jehovah as missionaries. We got married in 1951.  After pioneering together for two years, we were asked to take up circuit work.  Our circuit consisted of a large portion of Western Australia, so we were often driving through vast dry remote areas.  


Next time: Life Story/ We Learned Never to Say No to Jehovah/AS TOLD BY KATHLEEN LOGAN - OUR DREAM IS FULFILLED


From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.