12.21.2020

Life Story/ We Learned Never to Say No to Jehovah / AS TOLD BY KATHLEEN LOGAN - A SAD LOSS


Now, though, I am without my partner.  After almost 59 years of marriage, my dear Harvey died on January 1, 2010, after battling cancer.  He had spent nearly six decades in full-time service!  I still miss him terrible.  But how happy I was to support him in the early days of the work in two fascinating countries! We learned to speak-and in Harvey's case to write-two difficult Asian languages.

A few years later, the Governing Body decided that because of my advanced age, it would b best for me to return to Australia.  My first thought was,  'I don't want to leave Taiwan.'  But Harvey taught me never to say no to Jehovah's organization, so I was about to do that. Later, I came to see the wisdom of the decision. 

Today, I work in the Australian branch during the week and with a local congregation on the weekends.  At Bethel, I am glad to use my Japanese and Chinese to give tours. Yet, I earnestly await the promised day of the resurrection, knowing that Harvey, who learned never to say no to Jehovah, is now safe in His memory. - JOHN 5:28, 29. 

Next time: Did You Know? /How Does an Ancient Inscription Support the Bible?

From the jw.org publications

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.