12.30.2020

YOUNG PEOPLE ASK/ Do Manners Really Matter?

 

Young people who care


Young people who care about others are everywhere! Consider some examples. 


"Sometimes when I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV, I think about my mom and dad, wo are working, and how tired they are going to be when they come home.  So I get up and wash the dishes, vacuum and dust. I'll also make a pot of coffee because my parents love coffee. When my mom gets  home, she says, 'Oh, it looks nice in here! And it smell good too.  Thank you so much Sweetie!  It always makes me feel good to do something nice like that for my mom and dad." - Casey.


"My parents have always supported me, providing me with everything I need.  So when they had a major problem with the car last year, I wrote a check to have it repaired, even though it was a large part of my savings . If course, they tried to refuse my offer, but I wouldn't take no for an answer.  My parents deserved so much more than even that.  And it felt great to be generous and give them something." -Holly


Did you know? Many young people among Jehovah's Witnesses have experience the joy of helping others through their Bible education work.  Some have even moved to a foreign land where there is need for Bible teachers.


"I moved from the United States to Mexico to help teach the Bible. Sometimes it is difficult to be generous with money or things because I don't really have much to give.  But I've found that when I give of my time and energy in the ministry, that's more appreciated than just giving materially." - Evan. 


Next time: YOUNG PEOPLE ASK / Do Manners Really Matter? - How can I help others


From the jw.org publications



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.