1.27.2015

Continue with THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES


HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE: During this troubled  period of my life, my mother studied the Bible and became one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I saw positive changes in her personality and became curious. I decided  to find out what made my mother change, so I began discussing the Bible  with the Witnesses.

I found that the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses were different from those of other religions and discovered that the Witnesses backed up everything  they said with the Bible.  They were the only group I knew of who preached from house to house, as the early Christians did.  (Matthew 28:19; Acts 20:20)  I became convinced that  I had found the true religion when I saw the genuine love they displayed for one another. -John 13:35. 

From what I learned from the Bible, I saw the need to make some changes in my life. I discovered that Jehovah God hates fornication and that if I was to please him, I would have to give practices  that defiled my body.  (2 Corinthians 7:1; Hebrews 13:4) I was moved  when I learned  that Jehovah has  feelings that my actions could either hurt him or make him happy.  (Proverbs 27:11) So I resolved to quit smoking marijuana, to give up my guns, and to try to improve my personality. Among the most difficult changes I made were giving up my immoral lifestyle and quitting my gambling. 

At first, I did not want my friends to know that I was studying the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses. But a turning point came after I read Matthew 10:33, where these words of Jesus are recorded:  "Whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens."  That statement prompted me to tell my associates that I was studying with the Jehovah's Witnesses.  They were shocked.  They couldn't believe that someone like me wanted to become a Christian. But I told them that I did not want anything more to do with my former lifestyle.  


Next time: Conclusion of HOW THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES

From the Watchtower magazine, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.