1.27.2015

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES


WHAT motivated a gambler and a burglar to break his addiction and change his lifestyle?  Read what he has to say.

"I was passionate about racehorses." -RICHARD STEWART


MY PAST: I grew up in a poor, densely populated area of Kingston, the capital of Jamaica. Unemployment was high, and crime wide-spread. Gangs kept people living in fear. I heard gunshots almost every day. 

My hardworking mother gave her all for me and my younger brother and sister. She made sure that we received a good education. I had little interest in school, but I was passionate about racehorses. I would skip school and go to the racetrack. I even rode the horses.

Soon I became heavily involved with gambling on horse races. I led an immoral life, becoming a serious womanizer.I smoked marijuana and committed robberies to pay for my lifestyle. I owned many guns, but I am thankful now that nobody was killed as result of the countless robberies in which I took part.

Eventually, I was caught by the police and sent to prison for my crimes. After my release, I merely picked up my lifestyle where I had left off. In fact, I became worse than before. Although I had an innocent-looking face, I was strong-willed, irritable, and cruel. I cared for no one but myself. 

Next time: Continue with THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES -HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE 

From the Watchtower magazine, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.