1.28.2015

KEYS TO FAMILY HAPPINESS


Cultivate Spirituality as a Couple

Frederick:  When we were first married, I insisted that my wife and I study the Bible together. I was determined that she concentrate during our study sessions.  But Leanne just could not seem to sit still. And when I asked questions, she gave only yes or no answers. Her responses did not fit with how I felt a Bible study should be conducted." 

Leanne: "  I was 18 years when I married Frederick. We studied the Bible together regularly, but Frederick used each session as an opportunity to point out all my faults and the ways I needed to improve as  wife. I became so discouraged and hurt!" 


WHAT, do you think, was the problem with Frederick and Leanne's relationship?  They both loved God. And they both saw the need to study the Bible together.  But the very thing that could have helped to unite them seemed to have the opposite effect.  They may have been studying together, but they were not cultivating spirituality as a couple.

What is spirituality?  Why should married couples strive to cultivate it?  What challenges might they face, and how can they overcome them? 

Next time: What Is Spirituality?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.