1.19.2015

"YOU HAVE CHANGED MY IMPRESSION OF JEHOVAH''S WITNESSES"



THAT is how one Polish prison official reacted  to an article about the work of Jehovah's Witnesses, as reported on in our October 15, 1998 issue.  The article, "When Heart of Stone Turn Responsive," documented  the success that Jehovah's Witnesses have had in working with the prison inmates in Wolow, Poland .

Before the release of the above-mentioned Watchtower magazine to the public, a special meeting to provide it for the inmates was arranged  on September 13, 1998, at the Wolow penitentiary officials.  The following are some of the observations made by those  in attendance.

Jerry, one of Jehovah's Witnesses who was baptized in prison more than five years ago, said:  "I am very happy, as I can read today about how much effort the brothers from the nearby congregations have put forth to help us."  He added: "I keep striving to improve myself, and I can see how Jehovah has been molding me." 

Another prisoner, named Zdzislaw, said  regarding the witnessing work in prison: "At present, four convicts are preparing for baptism, and new interested ones continue to attend the meetings at our hall.  This article is a powerful motivation to us for further activity in this field." What a positive attitude, considering that Zdzislaw still has 19 years to serve in prison!

After reading the article on the Wolow penitentiary, on prison official said: "we have been especially  honored. I never thought that this penitentiary would receive such positive publicity in 130 languages in the world.  I like you people, and I appreciate your efforts  in behalf of the convicts."  Another official added:  "You have changed my impression of Jehovah's Witnesses . Previously, I viewed you as religious fanatics. Now I see that you are people of principle." 

Next time: Conclusion of "YOU HAVE CHANGED MY IMPRESSION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. 

From the Watchtower magazine, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.