2.17.2015

Continue with STEP-FAMILY SUCCESS PROFILES/ RAISED BY TWO STEPPARENTS


Yuki, aged  20, has not seen his father since he was five years old. His mother later married Tomonori, but she dies when Yuki was ten years old.  Five years later, after his stepfather Tomonori married Mihoko, Yuki found himself living with two stepparents. 

Yuki: When my stepfather decided to remarry, I thought, "I don't need a stepmother. I've already had enough changes in my family."  I refused to accept the situation and treated her coldly.

Mihoko: Even though my husband did not pressure me to love his stepson as he did, I resolved to try to build a relationship with Yuki. We did our best to maintain his routine, including spiritual activities, recreation, and a meal each evening with conversation afterward. I also understood him much better after we talked about losing his mother in death. 

When I became pregnant, we were concerned about Yuki and wanted him to feel secure about his place in the family.  We had Yuki feed and bathe the baby and change his diaper, and we commended Yuki in front of others  for his help. Little Itsuki is quite attached to Yuki. Before he learned the words for "papa" or "mom," he knew how to say niinii-big brother. 

Yuki: As a stepchild, it is natural to feel alone and left out. You can try to explain your situation to others, but they can't seem to understand.I am happy to say, though that fellow Christians have been a true support. Now the wariness I felt toward my stepmother is gone.  She gives me good advice, and I can speak to her from my heart.  

Next time: IS THE BIBLE RELEVANT TODAY? 

From the AWAKE!  magazine, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.