2.18.2015

TAILOR-MADE AND TIMELESS VALUES/SELF-CONTROL


BIBLE PRINCIPLES: "A stupid person gives vent all his feelings, but the wise one calmly keeps them in check." - Proverbs  29:11. 

THE BENEFITS: If you were to list all the benefits of self-control, you would need reams of paper! At the very least, this quality protects our physical health.  "A calm heart gives life [or, "health,"] to the body,"  the bible says, it also states that "a joyful heart is good medicine." (Proverbs 14:30; 17:22) Conversely, studies show that people who are prone to anger and hostility increase their risk of ill health, especially cardiovascular disease. Of course, the benefits of self-control go far beyond physical health.

Cassius, now in his 30's, recalls:  "I was quarrelsome and hot-tempered, and I often picked fights. I had very little self-respect. But all that changed when I began to apply Bible principles.  I learned to control my temper and to cultivate  humility and a forgiving spirit.  Otherwise, I might have ended up in prison. Indeed, I feel as though I have been raised from the dead!"

Next time: TAILOR-MADE AND TIMELESS VALUES/FIDELITY

From the AWAKE! magazine, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.