6.17.2024

WE BENEFIT WHEN WE KEEP FOLLOWING JEHOVAH'S GUIDANCE

 When we keep following Jehovah's guidance, we enjoy blessings even now. For example, Andy and Robyn needed the encouragement to keep their life simple. (See study note on Matthew 6:22.) As a result, they were able to volunteer to work on theocratic construction projects. Robyn says: "We have lived in some very small spaces, often with no kitchen. And I had to see a lot of equipment that I used for photography, a hobby I loved. That brought me to tears. But like Abraham's wife, Sarah, I was determined to look ahead, not back." (Hebrews 11:15) What did this couple gain from their experience? Robyn says: "We have the deep satisfaction of knowing that we are giving Jehovah everything we have. When working on theocratic assignments, we get a glimpse of how life will be in the new world." Andy agrees, saying: "We have the satisfaction of being completely spent in support of the Kingdom."


How else do we benefit when we keep following Jehovah's guidance? After graduating from high school, Marcia took to heart the encouragement to pursue a career in Jehovah's service. (Matthew 6:33; Romans 12:11) She says: "I was offered a four-year scholarship at a university. But I wanted to pursue spiritual goals. So I chose a technical training school to learn a trade that would support me in my ministry. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I now enjoy regular pioneering, and my flexible work schedule has allowed me to serve as a commuter at Bethel and to enjoy other special privileges." 


Next time: WE BENEFIT WHEN WE KEEP FOLLOWING JEHOVAH'S GUIDANCE - Conclusion


From the jw.org publications














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.