6.27.2024

WHY SOME MAY FEEL THAT JEHOVAH DOES NOT APPROVE OF THEM

 A number of us have battled feeling of low self-worth since childhood. (Psalm 88:15) A brother named Adrian says: "I have always felt worthless. Some of my earliest memories are of praying that my family would make it into Paradise, although I was sure that I was not good enough to be there." Tony. who did grow up in a Christian home, says: "My parents never told me that they loved me or were proud of me. The message was that I could always do better." 


If we at times struggle with feelings of worthlessness, we can remember that in his own way, Jehovah drew us to him. (John 6:44) He sees the good in us that we may not see in ourselves, and he knows our heart. (1 Samuel 16:7; 2 Chronicles 6:30) So we can trust him when he says that we are precious. - 1 JOHN 3:19, 20. 


Before learning the truth, some of us did things that may still fill us with guilt. (1 Peter 4:3) Even faithful Christians battle against sinful inclinations. Does your hear condemn you? If so, take comfort in knowing that faithful servants of Jehovah struggle with similar feelings. For example, the apostle Paul felt miserable when reflecting on his imperfections. (Romans 7:24) Of course, Paul had repented of his sins and got baptized. Still, he referred to himself as "the least of the apostles" and the "foremost" s sinner. - 1 CORINTHIANS 15:9; 1 TIMOTHY 1:15.


Next time: WHY SOME MAY FEEL THAT JEHOIVAH DOES NOT APPROVE OF THEM - Conclusion


From the jw.org publications



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.