6.27.2024

WHY SOME MAY FEEL THAT JEHOVAH DOES NOT APPROVE OF THEM - Conclusion

 Our heavenly Father promises to give us if we are repentant. (Psalm 86:5) So if we are truly sorry for the sins we have committed, we can take Jehovah at his word-he has forgiven us. -COLOSSIANS 2:13. 


We all want to serve Jehovah as fully as possible.  However, some may feel that they can never do enough to gain his approval. A sister named Amanda says: "I tend to equate giving Jehovah my best with the constant need to do more. I often expect more of my myself than I can give. When I 'fail,' I assume that Jehovah is as disappointed as I am with myself."


How can we overcome the feeling that we can never do enough to please Jehovah? Remember that Jehovah is not rigid, or inflexible. He never demands more of us than we can reasonably do. He appreciates whatever we do for him as long as we are doing our best. Also, reflect on Bible example of those who served Jehovah whole souled. Think of Paul. He exerted himself zealously for years, traveling thousands of miles establishing many congregations. Yet, when circumstances limited his share in the preaching work, did he lose God's approval? No. He continued to do what he could, and Jehovah blessed him. (Acts 28:30, 31) Similarly, what we can give to Jehovah may vary at times. But matters to him is why we do it. Let us now consider some ways that Jehovah expresses his approval of us.


Next time: HOW DOES JEHOVAH EXPRESS HIS APPROVAL? 


From the jw.org publications















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.