9.30.2024

LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ANDRE' RAMSEYER -BEGINNING FULL-TIME SERVICE

 During the summer of 1950, I attended the Theocracy's Increase Assembly in New York City. I was very motivated to do more in Jehovah's service after meeting brothers and sisters from around the world and listening to exciting interviews of Gilead School graduates! I became more determined than ever to enter the full-time ministry. As soon as I got back home, I applied to become a regular pioneer. The Canada branch office wrote back, suggesting I get baptized first. I did so in October 1, 1950. One month later, I became a regular pioneer and received my first assignment in Kapuskasing. That town was many kilometers away from where I was living at the time.


In the spring of 1951, the branch office invited Witnesses who could speak French to consider moving to the French-speaking province of Quebec. The need was great there. I grew up speaking French and English, so I answered the call and was assigned to Rouyn. I did not know anybody there. All I had was an address, as I related earlier. But things worked out well. Marcell and I became good friends, and I enjoyed serving in Quebec for the next four years, eventually as a special pioneer.


Next time: LIFE STORY/AS TOLD BY ANDRE' RAMSEYER - GILEAD AND POSTPONEDD EXPECTATIONS


From the jw.org publications







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.