12.14.2016

Answers to Questions About Returning to Jehovah


WHERE DO I START?

A person who has been physically ill may need to resume his normal routine gradually.  Likewise, you can build your strength as a Christian by trying to take in at least a little spiritual food each day.  Do not feel that you have to do everything at once. Perhaps you could spend a few minutes  reading or listening to a recording of the Bible, studying one of our publications, browsing the jw.org website, or watching one of the programs  broadcast on tv.jw.org. Also, try to attend a congregation  meeting as  soon as possible. Above all, pray to Jehovah and ask for his help.  "Throw all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you."  -1 Peter 5:7. 

"After becoming inactive in my worship, I felt too ashamed even to pray. When I did muster up the courage to pray, and elder from the local congregation visited me. He helped me to appreciate that Jehovah had not given up on me.  The elder suggested that I start  by reading the Bible daily. When I did that, I gained the strength to return to the  meetings.   In time, I began to share in the ministry again. I am so happy that Jehovah never gave up on me." -Eeva.

HOW WILL THE CONGREGATION RECEIVE ME?

You can be sure that members of the congregation will warmly welcome you. Rather than criticize or judge you, they will confirm their love for you and do whatever they can to encourage you. -Hebrews 10:24, 25.

"I was embarrassed to return to the Kingdom Hall.  I wondered how the friends would treat me. One of our elderly sisters who was there 30 years ago said to me, 'Welcome home, Son!' That really touched my heart. I was truly home." -Javier.

"I went to the Kingdom Hall and sat in the last row so that no one would notice me. However, many began to recognize me from the days when I had attended as a child.  They welcomed me and embraced me so affectionately that I felt an overwhelming peace. It was as if I had come home." -Marco.

Next time: HOW WILL THE ELDERS HELP ME? 

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.