12.11.2016

PART TWO: Anxiety-"Hard-Pressed in Every Way"


"After 25 years of marriage, my husband and I got divorced. My children left the truth. I developed serious health problems.  Then I became depressed. I felt that my whole world  had fallen in on me and that I couldn't cope with anything anymore. I stopped going to the meetings, and I became inactive." - June.

ANXIETY touches everyone-even God's people.  "Anxieties overwhelmed me," wrote the palmist. (Psalm 94:19) And Jesus said that during the time of the end, "anxieties of life" could make it especially challenging to serve Jehovah.  (Luke 21:34) What about you?  Do you feel overwhelmed  by financial trouble, family problems, or health concerns?  How can Jehovah help you to cope? 


"Power Beyond What Is Normal"

We cannot deal with anxiety on our own.  "We are hare-pressed in every way," the apostle Paul wrote>  "We are perplexed . . . ;  we are knocked down." Yet, he also said that we are "not cramped beyond movement," "not absolutely with no way out," and "not destroyed."  What helps us to endure?   "Power beyond what is normal"-power that comes from our almighty God, Jehovah. -2 Corinthians 4:7-9.

Reflect on how you received "power beyond what is normal" in the past. Do you remember how an encouraging talk deepened your appreciation for Jehovah's loyal love?  Did your faith in Jehovah's promises grow stronger when you taught others about the hope of Paradise?  When we attend Christian meeting and share our faith with others, we receive strength to endure the anxieties of life and we gain  peace of mind so that we can serve Jehovah with joy. 

Next time: "Taste and See That Jehovah Is Good" 

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.