12.03.2016

HOW TO GET MORE FROM READING THE BIBLE


Why Read the Bible?

"I thought the Bible would be so hard to understand." -Jovy

"I felt that it would be boring." -Queennie

"When I looked at hos thick the Bible is, I lost any desire to read it." -Ezekiel

Have you ever though about reading the Bible but held off because of feelings like those above?  For many, reading the Bible seems daunting. But what if you learned that the Bible can help you to have a happier and more satisfying life?  And what if you found out that there are some approaches to reading it that it can make it more interesting?  Would you be willing to take a look at what the Bible can offer you? 

Note: There was a time several years ago, that I was really down. Then I decided to read the Bible and got very interested. It really helped to comfort me, as I needed it badly at the time.  I would strongly recommend  that everyone should read the Bible, it is the best and most interesting book I have ever read and I have a lot of books.  Don't be afraid that you won't understand the words in it, because if God sees that your heart is in it, he will help you to understand what it says. He did this for me. He will let you understand a little at a time as he feels you are ready to understand it.  I have never regretted reading this wonderful book full of wisdom, history and knowledge that everyone should know.  This is from me the blogger. I have learned so much from this marvelous book and it has helped me a great deal. 

Consider just a few comments from those who found it to be rewarding when they started reading the Bible.

Ezekiel, who is in his early 20's, says:  "In the past, I was like someone who is driving a car without any destination in mind. But reading the Bible has helped me have a meaningful life. It contains practical advice that I can use every day."

Frieda, also in her 20's, explains:  "I used  to be hotheaded. But because of my Bible reading, I've learned to control myself. This has made me a lot easier to get along with, so I have more friends now." 

A woman in her 50's named Eunice says of the Bible, " it is helping me to become a better person,m to change my not-so-good habits."

As those readers and millions more have learned, reading the Bible can help you to live a more enjoyable life.  (Isaiah 48:17, 18) Among other things, it can help you (1) make good decisions, (2) make real friends, (3) cope with stress, and (4) best of all, learn about God.  The Bible's advice come from god, so you can never go wrong following it. God never gives bad advice.

The important thing is to get started. What practical tips can make getting started easier and more enjoyable?

Next time: HOW TO GET MORE FROM READING THE BIBLE/How Can I Get  Started? 

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.