12.13.2016

"Happy Is the One Whose Transgression Is Pardoned"


Admittedly, you man feel that confessing your sins to Jehovah God and approaching the elders would be among the most difficult things you could do. David evidently had similar feelings. he "kept silent" for some time about his sins.  (Psalm 32:3) Afterward, however, he appreciated the benefits of confessing his sins and correcting his course.

A major benefit was that David regained his joy.  He wrote:  "Happy is the one whose transgressions is pardoned, who sin is forgiven."  (Psalm 32:1)  He also prayed:  "O Jehovah, open my lips, so that my mouth may declare your praise."  (Psalm 51:15) Relieved of his guilt and grateful for God's forgiveness, David was motivated to tell others about Jehovah.

Jehovah wants you to experience the relief of a clean conscience. And he wants you to tell others about him and his purposes, not with feeling of guilt, but with sincerity and deep joy.  (Psalm 65:1-4) Remember his invitation "to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself."  -Acts 3:19. 

That is what happened to Martha. She relates: "My son kept sending me the Watchtower and Awake! magazines.  Little by little, I became reacquainted  with Jehovah.  The hardest part of coming back was asking forgiveness for all the sins I had committed. But finally, I approached God in prayer  and asked him to forgive me. It's hard to believe that 40 years went by before I returned to Jehovah.  I am living proof that even after many years, someone can be given another chance to serve God and be back in his love. 

Next time: Return to Jehovah/ PART FIVE:Return to "the Shepherd and Overseer of Your Souls" 

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.