12.27.2016

Rebuilding Trust In a Marriage/Keys to Family Happiness


You Can Succeed

In times of uncertainty, remember this:  God is the Originator of the marriage arrangement.  (Matthew 19:4-6) Therefore, with his help, you can make your marriage succeed. All the couples mentioned above applied the Bible's wise counsel and were able to save their marriage. 

It has now been more than 20 years since the crisis in Steve and Jodi's relationship. Steve sums up their road to recovery this way:  "It was after the beginning to study the Bible with Jehovah 's Witnesses that we made the most significant improvement.  The help we gained  was invaluable.  As a result, we made it through those tough times." Jodi says:  "I feel richly blessed that we were able to endure through that terrible time.  By studying the Bible together, and with a lot of hard work, we now have a wonderful marriage."

If perhaps a period of time some contact is unavoidable (such as at work), this should be limited to what is absolutely necessary. Deal with the other party in the presence of others and with your mate's full knowledge.

ASK YOURSELF . . .

* What were my reasons for deciding to preserve my marriage despite past infidelity?

* What positive qualities can I see in my mate right now?

* How did I show love in little ways when my mate and I were courting, and how can I do that again? 

Next time: History Should We Trust It?

From the jw.org publications








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.