12.07.2016

Is Celibacy a Requirement for Christian Ministers?


FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOOD NEWS

If celibacy is not compulsory, why did Jesus and Paul speak favorably of singleness? Because singleness may afford a person greater opportunities to share the good news with others.  Single ones can give more of themselves, since they are spared the anxieties that married ones experience. -1 Corinthians 7:32-35. 

Consider the example of David, who decided to quit his well-paying job in Mexico City to move to a rural are in Costa Rica to teach others the Bible.  Does David feel that singleness help him to do so? "Definitely," he says.  "It was a challenge to adapt to a new culture and different living conditions, but since I had only myself to care for, the adaptation process was easier." 

Claudia,  single Christian who has moved to serve in places where evangelizers are needed says;  "I enjoy my service to God. My faith and my relationship with God are strengthened when I see how he takes care of me."  Singleness does not have to be a burden. Claudia adds:  "It does not matter whether you are married or single, you will be happy if you give your best to Jehovah God." -Psalm 119:1, 2. 

Next time: Carbon-The Wonder Element

From the Watchtower magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.