12.11.2016

PART ONE: "The Lost One I Will Search For"


The sheep are bewildered.   Somehow, while nibbling grass in the pasture, it got separated from the other sheep. Now, it can see neither the flock nor the shepherd. Darkness approaches. Lost in a valley where predators roam, the sheep is defenseless. Finally, it hears a familiar voice-that of the shepherd, who runs toward the sheep, picks it up, and wraps it in the folds of his garment, and carries it home. 

JEHOVAH repeatedly likens himself to just such a shepherd. In his Word, he assures us:  "I myself will search for my sheep, and I will take care of them." -Ezekiel 34:11,12.

"The Sheep That I Care For"

Who are Jehovah's sheep?  Simply put, Jehovah's sheep are the people who love and worship him.  The Bible says:  "Let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before Jehovah our Maker.   For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, the sheep in his care."  (Psalm 95:6, 7)  Like literal sheep following a shepherd, Jehovah's worshippers are eager to follow their Shepherd. Are they flawless?  No.  God's servants have, at times, become "scattered sheep,"  "lost sheep," and like sheep going astray."  (Ezekiel 34:12; Matthew 15:24; 1 Peter 2:25) Even so, when a person drifts away,  Jehovah does not abandon him as being beyond hope. Do you feel that Jehovah is still your Shepherd?  How does Jehovah prove to be a Shepherd today?  Consider three ways:

* He feeds us spiritually."In a good pasture I will feed them,"  They will lie down there in good grazing land, an they will feed on choice pastures."  (Ezekiel 34:14) Jehovah has never failed to give us a refreshing variety of timely spiritual food. Can you think of an article, a talk, or a video that answered your prayer for help?  Did it not convince you that Jehovah cares about you personally?

* He protects and supports us.  Jehovah promises:  "The stray I will bring back, the injured I will bandage, and the weak I will strengthen."  (Ezekiel 34:16) Jehovah strengthens those weakened or overwhelmed by anxiety. He bandages his sheep, helping them to heal if they have been hurt-perhaps even by fellow believers. And he brings back those who have strayed and who may struggle with negative feelings.

* He feels responsible for us.  "I will rescue  them from all the places where they were scattered,"  Jehovah says. "The lost one I will search for."  (Ezekiel 34:12, 16)   To Jehovah, a lost sheep is not a lost cause. He knows when a sheep is missing, he searches for that sheep, and he rejoices when he fins it.  (Matthew 18:13-14)  After all, he calls his true worshippers "My sheep,the sheep that I care for."  (Ezekiel 34:31)  You are one of those sheep. 

Next time: "The Lost One I Will Search For"/"Renew Our Days as in Those of Old"

From the jw. publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.