12.26.2016

Rebuilding Trust In a Marriage/Keys to Family Happiness


Rebuilding Trust

Steve: "I never imagined that Jodi would commit adultery.  I lost all trust in her. Words cannot describe how difficult it was for me to forgiver her."

Jodi:  "I understand why I lost Steve's trust. It took many years for me to prove my regret."

THE Bible gives victims of adultery the option to decide whether to divorce or  not. (Matthew 19:9) Steve, quoted above, decided not to get a divorce. Both he and Jodi resolved to save their marriage.   They soon learned, however, that this meant much more than just continuing to live together. Why?  Because, as noted in their comments, Jodi's infidelity shattered all trust between them. Since mutual trust is vital to marital happiness, they had work to do. 

If you and your mate are striving to save your marriage after as great a setback as adultery, you obviously face a difficult challenge.  The first several months after the news is broken may be especially trying. But you can succeed!  How can you rebuild trust? The wisdom found in the Bible can help.  Consider the following four suggestions.

Next time: Rebuilding Trust In a Marriage/Keys to Family Happiness -1. Be Honest With Each Other.

From the jw.org publications 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.