11.15.2015

3 Questions People Would Like to Ask God


SUSAN'S questions about God began at age seven, when her nine-year-old friend Al was hospitalized with polio and confined to an iron lung, she wrote about her experience in the January 6, 1013, issue of The New York Times.

After visiting Al in the hospital, Susan asked her  mother:  "Why would God do that to a little boy?"

"The priest would say that God must have his reasons,"  Her mother replied, "but i don't know what they could be."  (note: This priest, if he was a true believer and had faith in God and believed that Satan existed, would know that God does not do these things to people.  Satan causes all this misery. This priest is what you would call, to put it simply, a false prophet. Not only that, but people in positions in churches are not suppose to give themselves titles) 

Two years later, in 1954, Jonas Salk's polio vaccine became available, and Susan's mother suggested that perhaps God had guided his research.

Well, God should have guided the doctors a long ago so that Al wouldn't be in an iron lung," Susan replied.

Susan summed up the account of her childhood experience  by writing:  "[Al] was to die only eights years later, by which time I was a committed atheist." 

Like Susan, many people who have suffered from tragedy or have witnessed it are unable to find satisfying answers to their questions about God. Some become atheists. Others may not entirely deny God's existence, but they become skeptical.  

It is not that atheists and skeptics are completely unfamiliar with religion. On the contrary, their experience with religion is often what pushes them toward  disbelief . Organized religion, they may feel has failed to answer life's tough questions? Ironically, the are often the same questions that people who claim to have faith in God struggle with. Consider three questions that many people would like to ask God, if given the chance, and the answers that the Bible provides. 

Note: When I was very small, my Mother and Dad used to take me to church every Sunday. Mom was a Sunday school teacher  at the time; but it all stopped when she read in the paper or heard on the news that a preacher had murdered someone. Well, that was the last time my mom went to church or even taught it.  She was a baptist, which for some years made me a baptist. I did not know any better for a very long time. I only know that when I got old enough to go on my own, I felt that I was not getting the whole truth, that I was missing something. I tried many different religions to see if I could find the truth  or whatever it was I felt I was missing.   As time went on, I got to fairly skeptical myself, and the husband or boyfriend at the time were non believers or like me, skeptical as well.  It took my last husband abandoning me to start asking questions again. I started reading the Bible and a couple years later, two Jehovah's Witnesses came by and we talked and  it suddenly hit me, like a light went off in my head, that what they were telling was the truth, because I had been reading the Bible and what they told me was backed up by the Bible itself. Those words in the Bible are God's words told by Jesus' apostles through him.  You see my mom, only went by what she was taught and by the customs that her family was taught, which was all wrong, but she did not know that.  She did not realize that you cannot blame all teachers of God, who do teach the truth of the Bible, for one preacher who made a mistake. I have been reading the Bible word for word, from Genesis to Revelation  over and over for many years now and I learn more each time. It is the best book I have ever laid my eyes on.    The Jehovah's Witnesses, if you choose to believe me, actually are the only ones who do teach God's Words from the Bible. They were doing it when I was  little and are still doing it because they are actually doing God's Work. They are the modern-day disciples and apostles.  

Next time: 1. "WHY DO YOU ALLOW SUFFERING?" 

From the Awake! magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your commment. Your comment will be reviewed for approval soon.

God Bless.